Mr. Rubenstrunk has over 10 years’ experience working in the distressed and turnaround industry. His career began working for a small debtor's side Ch. 11 bankruptcy firm in Chicago during law school, followed by a brief stint in Arizona consulting clientsfacing foreclosure and debt collection.
In 2012, Mr. Rubenstrunk moved to Minnesota and spent 5 years clerking for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Minnesota with Chief Judge Gregory F. Kishel and Judge William J. Fisher. During his clerkship, Mr. Rubenstrunk worked on a wide array of cases covering myriad issues, including the fallout from a multi-billion-dollar Ponzi scheme.
Following his clerkship, Mr. Rubenstrunk was an attorney Winthrop & Weinstine in the Creditors' Remedies and Financial Services Litigation Groups. Mr. Rubenstrunk’s work as an attorney focused on foreclosures, receiverships, bankruptcies, out of court workouts, and litigation involving financial transactions. Mr. Rubenstrunk has represented banks, non-traditional lenders, equipment financers, receivers, landlords, and asset buyers, among others, across the country in a variety of proceedings and courts.
Mr. Rubenstrunk has extensive experience in financial services and can leverage his experience as an attorney to serve Alliance’s clients and add additional depth to an already great team at Alliance.
- “Chapter 11 Commercial Bankruptcies During COVID.” // Co-presenter. Independent Community Bankers of Minnesota. Webinar. 03.16.2021
- “The Rules They Are a Changin’ – A Discussion of the Proposed Rules and Forms Amendments.” // Panelist. Minnesota State Bar Association. Bankruptcy Section. 01.19.2021
- “MSBA New Lawyers Networking Open Forum.” // Panelist. 2020 MSBA New Lawyers Leadership Conference. 11.10.2020
- “Notice is Not Service – How to Save a Tree, Time and Get It Right!” // Panelist. 2020 Bankruptcy Institute. Minnesota CLE. 10.09.2020
- “Maximizing Efficiency and Effectiveness in Adversary Proceedings.” // Presenter. 2013 Bankruptcy Institute. Minnesota CLE. 10.08.2013
- “Recent Cases Enforcing a Pre-Petition Waiver of the Automatic Stay.” // Author. American Bankruptcy Institute. Secured Credit Committee. 03.2021
- “The Throw Down Over Take Downs: An Analysis of the Lenz Interpretation of 17 U.S.C. § 512(f).” // Author. 10J. Marshall Rev. Intell. Prop. L. 792.2011
- “Are Foreclosure Sale Purchases Protected from Avoidance Under § 547? It Depends.” // Author. ABI Real Estate Committee Newsletter, Vol.14, No.2, June2017
- J.D., The University of Illinois Chicago School of Law
Review of Intellectual Property Law, Staff and Articles Editor
- B.A. in English and Political Science, University of Colorado Boulder
- Minnesota State Bar Association Bankruptcy Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Secured Credit Committee, Newsletter Editor
- Turnaround Management Association
Minnesota Chapter Awards Committee
- Risk Management Association
- Secured Finance Network
Current/Former Member of