Over 25 years of Business and Legal related experience
Mr. Carpenter has 25+ years of business and legal-related experience, including mergers & acquisitions, financings, turnaround work, bankruptcy, receivership and corporate reorganizations. Mr. Carpenter has served a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, construction, wholesale, retail, e-commerce and real estate management.
Mr. Carpenter’s recent engagements have included the following roles:
- Receiver of a large specialty chemicals manufacturer located in the central U.S.
- Investment banker for a multi-location oil and gas services provider
- Receiver of a residential and commercial construction company
- Financial advisor to a family amusement destination
Prior to his work at Alliance, Mr. Carpenter spent 20 years as Vice President and General Counsel of Jacobs Management Corporation, Irwin Jacobs’ family office. In addition to handling the legal affairs of Mr. Jacobs’ investments, Mr. Carpenter was involved in all strategic and financial decisions affecting the businesses. Prior to his work for Jacobs Management Corporation, Mr. Carpenter spent six years in private practice at two large, Midwest law firms.
Mr. Carpenter is currently a member of the Upper Midwest Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association and holds a B.A. from the University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, MN) and a J.D. from the University of Minnesota Law School (Minneapolis, MN).
- University of St. Thomas (B.A.)
- University of Minnesota Law School (J.D.)
- Upper Midwest Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association
Current/Former Member of